I'm Not Naughty  - I'm Autistic -  Jodi's Journey    Autism, Amalgam and Me - Jodi's Journey Continues   Mercury Poisoning - It's Not In Our Heads Any More - Jodi's Journey Goes On          Supported Living- Jodi’s Journey Moves On Jean Shaw.com Copyright © 2005-2016 All Rights Reserved www.JeanShaw.com

Created By
www.stephengraphics.com

Terms Of Use Statement   Privacy Policy   Purchase Agreement


DISCLAIMER: The information on this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to act as a substitute for medical advice provided by a qualified health care provider, nor is any information on this site intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
FTC Disclosure: If you decide to purchase any products recommended on this site you should assume I may possibly receive some commission.

HEALTH : If anyone has a specific health issue they should always

seek medical advice.

Please note this site may not display properly in the AOL browser

Mercury Poisoning  
- Yes, Your Teeth May Indeed Be Killing You

Copyright - Jean Shaw
...........................................

I don't know about you but I consider myself to be fairly

energy conscious. I switch off lights when not in use,

don't overfill the kettle and never leave the television or

computer on standby. However, I must confess I don't

have many energy efficient light bulbs yet, although I

understand in a few years there won't be any others.

People are already hoarding them away. Maybe they'll

become collectors' items. Just make sure you keep the

 box, as apparently that's the important bit. Well, at least

it is on auction and antique shows.

Anyway, the main reason I don't use energy efficient light bulbs (apart from the expense) is they are too long and unsightly. They simply won't fit in my down lighters and in the fittings where I have a normal shade, or none at all, they look ridiculous. Also, they take a long time to get bright enough to see anything.

However, I now have another reason for avoiding them as long as possible, and that is mercury. It's recently been disclosed they contain this dangerous heavy metal and if one should break in a normal house, the advice is that everyone should be evacuated. That may sound extreme to some, but not to me. You see, I had mercury poisoning and now know quite a bit about it.

I know fluorescent tubes contain mercury and are considered "hazardous waste" by Environment agencies. The companies that dispose of them have to wear special safety clothing. I also know small domestic barometers are disappearing fast and already hospitals have replaced their mercury filled thermometers.

There are various sources of mercury apart from fluorescent and energy saving lights including, but not limited to, batteries, body creams, cosmetics, crematoria, diuretics, fabric softeners, felt, floor waxes, fungicides, pesticides, industrial waste, laxatives, paints, photo engraving, psoriatic ointments, seafood, sewage disposal, skin lightening cream, tanning leather, tattooing. However, the main culprits and the ones, which affected me, are vaccines and dental amalgam.

Mercury is the second most toxic substance on the planet after plutonium and it makes up 50% of every amalgam filling. Did you know your teeth could be killing you? Don't laugh – it isn't funny and unfortunately for many it's a very real situation. Believe me, I know.

I've had letters from people all over the world suffering from the condition and only last week I was speaking to a 54-year-old builder who was terrified because he'd just been told he had mercury poisoning. He'd had extensive filling replacement done seven months ago and his health has been deteriorating ever since.

He's very weak, incredibly forgetful and panics about silly things. They are classic early symptoms, but unfortunately as neither the medical nor dental professions acknowledge mercury poisoning caused by amalgam fillings, it often gets misdiagnosed. Usually patients are led to believe they are either losing their mind, or are written off as complete hypochondriacs. Both are wrong.

Mercury poisoning is very difficult to diagnose because no two people will present with the same problems, and unfortunately it is hard to test for. Mercury only stays in the blood stream for a short transit period so blood tests are inconclusive. As mercury is a fat binding toxin, it attaches itself to the fatty organs in your body, and depending on which one (or ones) it selects, the health signs and symptoms of something not being right will appear. Unless you are offered some form of chelation to get the mercury back into your blood stream, the only other real test mainstream medicine can offer would be by doing a biopsy. Needless to say there aren't many people wishing to undergo one of those.

I know of people who have been completely bedridden because of mercury poisoning, and many have wished to die. Some have.

As I said, mercury poisoning is no joke. If someone says to you they think their teeth are poisoning them, don't just dismiss them as being crazy. Believe them and offer support. What do you think was wrong with The Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland?

Yes – Mercury Poisoning!

There are tests available and with the right help and support, mercury-poisoning symptoms can disappear. It's a long process though. Just don't give up.
 
"Years ago I had a crown and large fillings put in my teeth. Ever since I have had a metal taste when I drink hot liquids, etc. and a tingling feel on my tongue. Also I get spots with raised edges on them (this gets worse when I talk a lot, rubs my tongue) I complained to my dentist and he said I had geographic tongue and it was NOT the dental work. He said it was harmless and no big deal. Many doctors have also told me that. Now I am multiple chemically sensitive. Cannot tolerate perfume, gas smells, rubber, etc.etc......" MW, USA
 
Mercury is the second most toxic substance on our planet and mercury poisoning or mercury toxicity as it is generally known is more common than you might think.
 
Mercury is bad news. You do not want it in your body – wherever it comes from.

Here's a link to another article you might want to read. It begins:-


When Mary Stephenson began suffering depression shortly after giving birth to her first child, it was the start of four decades of mental anguish. Every anti-depressant and therapy was tried, with no effect, and her condition became steadily worse.

When she began to harm herself two years ago she was sectioned under the Mental Health Act and taken into a secure unit. Doctors were baffled by her condition, labelling her "a conundrum". It was a chance remark by a family friend that finally led to an unusual course of treatment, and the one which Mary believes has cured her.

Her family from Lymington in Hampshire are convinced she was suffering mercury poisoning from the fillings in her teeth .............




Mercury Poisoning From Dental Amalgam Fillings