I'm Not Naughty  - I'm Autistic -  Jodi's Journey    Autism, Amalgam and Me - Jodi's Journey Continues   Mercury Poisoning - It's Not In Our Heads Any More - Jodi's Journey Goes On          Supported Living- Jodi’s Journey Moves On Jean Shaw.com Copyright © 2005-2016 All Rights Reserved www.JeanShaw.com

Created By
www.stephengraphics.com

Terms Of Use Statement   Privacy Policy   Purchase Agreement


DISCLAIMER: The information on this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to act as a substitute for medical advice provided by a qualified health care provider, nor is any information on this site intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
FTC Disclosure: If you decide to purchase any products recommended on this site you should assume I may possibly receive some commission.

HEALTH : If anyone has a specific health issue they should always

seek medical advice.

Please note this site may not display properly in the AOL browser

Dangers Of Eco-Friendly
"Energy Efficient" Light Bulbs


If you've read any of my earlier blog posts or website entries you'll know I believe mercury from dental amalgam and various vaccines has played an enormous part in my life.

Apart from those two sources, mercury, the second most toxic substance on the planet can be found in various forms in many other common household items.

We all know it used to be used in medical thermometers which have now been withdrawn from use incase they broke, BUT did you know it is in the new eco-friendly "energy efficient" light bulbs?

If you break one of these new bulbs, which we are all now being encouraged to use to save energy, the recommendations from the Department for Environment, Food And Rural Affairs are you evacuate the room for 15 minutes. The toxic mercury inside the bulbs can cause conditions such as eczema to flare up, and aggravate a range of problems including migraine and dizziness.

You also need to

• Take care not to cut yourself on the shards of glass

• Try not to inhale dust from the broken bulb

• Put on rubber gloves and sweep the debris into a dustpan. You shouldn't use a vacuum cleaner to clear up the mess either because the sucking action could spread toxic mercury droplets around the house.

• The remains should be put in a sealed plastic bag and placed in the same recycling bin as used for batteries (which also contain mercury)



If you want a full report on how to deal with Mercury spills, disposal and site clean up when a fluorescent light bulb breaks, I recommend you go here -


http://www.epa.gov/mercury/spills/index.htm#fluorescen